Action Hound, LLC respects your privacy. Action Hound, LLC offers mapping, GPS, and community based services to users of www.actionhound.com (the "Website") and / or users of Action Hound's mobile applications (the "Application") (collectively referred to as the "Services").
- The information that Action Hound collects from users.
- How that information is used by Action Hound.
- The rights and options available to users.
The Services are not intended for use by persons under the age of 13. If you are under 13, you may not download or use the Application.
Contact Action Hound / Abuse reports
If you believe that your privacy has been compromised by any person, in the course of using the Services, then please contact Action Hound at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may send Action Hound other requests, responses, questions, and complaints by email at email@example.com
Information that is being collected
Action Hound allows you to use the Services only by registering yourself with the app, requiring you to provide the information stated above. If you do not wish to provide the information stated above, you will not be able to use the Services.
The categories of information collected by Action Hound will include all or some of the following.
Whenever you use the Services, Action Hound will collect:
- Detailed located information, for example in the form of GPS signals and other information sent by your mobile device on which the Application is installed and activated. Action Hound uses this location information to provide your current location to other users. Your location will be visible on a map from which other users can send you private (in-app) messages and / or submit challenge requests.
- Information about your use of the Services. See "Meta-data that we collect" below.
- Information required when setting up your account for usage of the Application including but not limited to your email address, first & last name, and birth month & year.
- Action Hound will link all of your information with your Account and email address. This includes information received from all mobile devices running the Application on which you have chosen to sign in using your email address and password.
- Your first and last name will be used to identify you to other users of the Application.
- Your birth month and year will be used to indicate to other users of the Application your age.
If you do not want your location, name, or [calculated] age visible to other Services users, do not log into the app.
- Private messages can be transmitted between users of the Services within the Application. This data is recorded and made available only to the intended recipient of the message and is not made available to other parties.
- Users of the Services can provide [unfiltered] "reviews" about other users of the Services. These reviews are available for view by any user that views your "Profile" page within the Application.
Uses of information
- Users of the Service can also upload a picture to be used with their Profile Account. Pictures are optional and will display a generic image if not provided.
Action Hound may use information collected from or provided by you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the Services. For example, Action Hound may:
- Use your location information to provide locations of other Services users.
- To provide information about advertisements, promotions, and other marketing material.
- To operate the Services and to improve and customize your experience with the Services. For example, Action Hound may use your location, past challenges, and preferred games history to offer future tournaments and other events that you may find of interest. Location information may also be used to calculate travel time to nearby venues.
- To improve the experience of other users. For example, Action Hound may use your selected venues for challenges to inform other users of "hot spots".
- To provide you with support and handle requests and complaints.
- To send you updates, notices, announcements, and additional information related to the Services.
- To create aggregated and / or anonymous data (where such data does not enable the identification of a specific user). See "How does Action Hound use aggregated information" below.
- To conduct surveys and questionnaires.
- To share your submissions with other users of the Services and to facilitate communication between you, Action Hound, and other users.
- To contact you when Action Hound believes it to be necessary.
- To comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies under any applicable law, when Action Hound has a good faith belief that Action Hound's cooperation with the law enforcement agencies is legally mandated or meets the applicable legal standards and procedures.
- To prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity theft and other illegal activities, and misuse of the Services.
- To handle breakdowns and malfunctions.
- To take any action in any case of dispute or legal proceeding of any kind between you and the Service or between you and other users or third parties with respect to or in relation with the Service.
Please note that the email address and name you provide will be used to identify you when you use the Services. Your email address will never be made visible to or shared with other users of the Services or Application.
You may also provide additional information that will be used to personalize the Services and enhance your experience with the Services. For example, if you provide us with your "preferred games", we will provide you with a list of other users that have similar interests.
Further information may be collected when Action Hound exchanges communications with you. For example, if you submit a request, contact Action Hound, or report a violation to the abuse team.
Personal information that you share
The Services are based on a community of users publicly sharing information with Action Hound and with other members of that community.
In particular, users choose to share personal information such as name, age, picture, and their location information. This information may be shared either directly to the Service and to all users, such as in the case of displaying users on a map or displaying user provided reviews about other users. This information may also be shared via third party services (such as social networks) which interact with the Service upon such users' choice.
The content that you share to all users is neither private nor confidential and you should not have any expectation of privacy with respect to it. Information you upload will be posted along with some other personal information, such as name and [calculated] age. You must exercise caution and common sense when submitting information. At the very least, you should demonstrate the same degree of caution as when publishing personal information by means other than the internet and cellular services.
You can decide whether or not to upload content to the Services. However, any content that you submit for posting may be viewed by all users of the Services and by Action Hound.
We, at Action Hound, take great measures to provide you with the best experience you can have while using the Service. However, Action Hound has no control over the conduct of any user and disclaims all liability in this regard. Users are advised to carefully and thoroughly consider whether or not to make public or available any information and carefully examine all necessary details related to any communication with other users to any engagement or communication being made.
Participating in any user's activities as a result, directly or indirectly, from using Action Hound is entirely at your own risk. Action Hound is not a party to any agreement entered into between the users in any circumstances. The user has the sole and ultimate responsibility regarding compliance with all laws, regulation, or any other duty. We do not accept any liability for any loss, damage, cost, or expense that you may suffer or incur as a result of or in connection with your participation in any activity or event initiated, held, or conducted by a user or a third party nor in connection to any agreement between the users or third parties, including any activity or event related in any way, directly or indirectly, the Services or the use thereof.
Integration with social networks
You may choose to share information between your Account and your social network account (such as Facebook or Twitter). Through this option, you may choose to have personal information and other content about you available from social networks transmitted and shared through the Services. Similarly, you may choose to have personal information and other content about you available from Action Hound, including your location, transmitted to and share through your social network account.
When you connect to the social network account through the Services for the first time or otherwise make the Services interact with your social network account, you will be asked to permit the social network to share your personal information stored on such social network with the Services. We collect your information from your social network account only in accordance with your privacy settings you have set up under your social network accounts.
Accordingly, we only collect such information which you allowed the social network(s) to share with third parties (such as your name, email address, profile picture, or other information you make publicly available via the applicable social network). You understand that the Services may access, make available, and store (if applicable and as permitted by the third party social network and authorized by you) such information so that it is available on and through your Account. For example, Action Hound may allow you to share your location or challenge outcomes with your Facebook friends via the Application.
Please note that certain information which you have defined as private on your third party social network accounts may become public to other Action Hound users through the Services if you have defined such information to be public on the Services. For example, if you designate your social network profile picture as "private" in your social network account (to the extent possible under said settings), but have elected to set your Action Hound account settings as public, then the profile picture will become public on the Action Hound Service.
Meta-data that we collect
Action Hound collects information about the use of the Services. For example, Action Hound may record the frequency and scope of your use of the Services, duration of your sessions, information about the device on which you have installed the Application, content that you use or create, advertisements that you view or click on, your communications with other users and third parties, the Internet Protocol (IP) address and the name of the domain that serve you to access the Services, and the geographic location of the computer system that you are using to log-in.
Accessing the Services
In order to access any features of the Services, you will be required to register and provide all required information needed for Application functionality.
Action Hound may also establish and require from time to time additional or different means of identification and authentication for logging in and accessing the Services or for accessing certain features or designated sections of the Services.
Your log-in details are your responsibility. You are fully accountable for any use or misuse of your Account and personal details as a result of conveying your details to someone else. You must maintain your log-in details in absolute confidentiality and avoid disclosing them to others. Make sure that you change your password frequently and at least once every six months.
Sharing information with others
Action Hound does not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to third parties.
Action Hound will not share your personal information with others or without your consent except for the following purposes and to the extent necessary in Action Hound's good-faith discretion:
Controlling your personal information
- As necessary for the operation of the Services. For example, displaying your location on a map for other users of the Services. Your location information will not be transmitted to other users while you are not logged into the Services.
- If Action Hound is required or reasonably believes that it is required by law to share or disclose your information.
- In any case of dispute or legal proceeding of any kind between you and Action Hound or between you and other users with respect to or in relation with the Services.
- In any case where Action Hound reasonably believes that sharing information is necessary to prevent imminent physical damage or damage to property.
- For facilitating the Service and to store your data on servers located in the U.S.A.
- To collect, hold, and manage your personal information through cloud based or hosting services or a third party or a party affiliated or connected to Action Hound as reasonable for business purposes.
- Action Hound may also share personal information with companies or organizations connected or affiliated with Action Hound such as subsidiaries, sister-companies, and parent companies. Personal information may also be shared with Action Hound's other partners and service providers to process it for us based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
If you would like us to delete your Account and your personal information, please send an email from the account associated with the email address you used during registration to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Delete Account".
On receiving such a request, Action Hound will use reasonable efforts to delete such information. However, please note we may not delete information immediately from our back-up systems.
Action Hound only records your current location information at any given time. However, location information can be stored in back-up systems that reflect your location at the time the back-up was created.
If you find that the information associated with your Account is not accurate, complete, or updated, then you must make all necessary changes to correct it. Please keep in mind that false, incorrect, or outdated information may prevent you from setting up an Account and impair our ability to provide you with Services.
How does Action Hound use aggregated information?
Action Hound may use anonymous, statistical, or aggregated information (including anonymous location information) in a form that does not enable the identification of a specific user, to properly operate the Services, to improve the quality of the Services, to enhance your experience, to create new services and features, including customized services, to change or cancel existing content or service, and for further internal, commercial, and statistical purposes.
Action Hound may also use anonymous, statistical, or aggregated information collected on the Services, in a form that does not enable the identification of a specific user by posting, disseminating, transmitting, or otherwise communicating or making available such information to users of the Services, to the Services' providers, partners, and any other third party. For example, GPS information that we receive from your mobile device may be provided to map editors in an aggregated and / or anonymous form to help improve the map and solve map problems.
Some of the cookies may expire when the session ends and you exit your browser. Other cookies are saved on your computer's hard drive. If you wish to block the Website's cookies, then please use the help button in your browser and follow the necessary instructions. However, bear in mind that disabling cookies may complicate or even prevent your use of the Website or certain features thereof.
Action Hound may permit, solicit, or contract certain other companies to conduct advertising campaigns on the Services.
The information and advertisements that you see when accessing the Services may be targeted on the basis of:
You hereby agree that we may provide such information and advertisements targeted on the basis of your search query history. However, if when accessing the Services, you no longer wish to see information and advertisements from us targeted on the basis of your search query history, please send an email to email@example.com stating your desire.
- Geographic or contextual information which we collect from you; as well as
- Your search query history
The Service includes an internal messaging system which provides you the ability to send and receive messages to and from other users and to receive marketing messages from us. You hereby agree that we may use the internal messaging system for the purpose of informing you regarding products or services which may interest you.
Please note, however, that other Action Hound users are not allowed to use your contact details or our internal messaging Service for commercial advertising purposes. If you have encountered any user generated advertising material, please inform us through the channels listed on our Website or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Action Hound does not accept any liability for any loss, damage, cost, or expense that you may suffer or incur as a result of or in connection with any user's advertising material.
It is clarified that we are not responsible for the content of said advertisements and the products delivered or services rendered thereby by third parties and you irrevocably and unconditionally agree that we shall not be held responsible or liable in connection thereof.
Action Hound considers information to be a top priority. Action Hound implements systems, applications, and procedures to secure your personal information, to minimize the risks of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of information. However, these measures are unable to provide absolute assurance. Therefore, although Action Hound takes great efforts to protect your personal information, Action Hound cannot guarantee, and you cannot reasonably expect, that Action Hound's databases will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unlawful interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse.
Last modified: 24th July 2015
Action Hound, LLC
1013 Emmett Ave NW
Cleveland, TN 37311